A very huge thank you!!
Making cards is one of my favorite hobbies...birthday cards, christmas cards, invitations,
and now - thank you cards!
Here I am making my thank you cards.
(ugh, not my best looking day here)
These are actual pieces of my wedding dress.
Its rolled up and tied with a thin orange ribbon.
the thank you cards in the making:
Front of Card:
It says:
"Once upon a time,
long long ago,
Somewhere far far away,
it was considered good luck to have a piece of the brides wedding dress."
(okay it doesnt exactly say that, but I accidentally printed out a whole bunch before proof-reading it)
So, thats what it shoulda said. lol.
Flip up that orange paper and underneath you'll find a note saying:
" Genuine piece of Victoria's wedding dress :) "
Inside of card:
"Whether it be a shooting star, dream catcher, penny, shamrock, or a piece of dress -
we wish you good luck, good health, good lovin' and happiness for today and everyday."
Then there'd be another area where we'd give our thanks :)
Is that statement true?
Yes, it is (I think!)!
I came to find this lucky charm because i was interested in how wedding traditions began. so i googled a buncha stuff...Like, why the bride and groom drinks bubbly with their arms interlocked, or, why bride and groom feed eachother their cake, or, why there's a bouquet toss, etc etc....
Anyhoo -
Once upon a time, long long ago, somewhere far far way,
as the wedding reception party was coming to an end, the guests (mainly men) of the wedding would chase after the bride to get a piece of her dress for good luck.
The guests would practically tear and rip any piece of that dress just to have that lucky charm.
(this was most likely at a time where women had no say in anything)
You can already imagine how pissed a bride would be if anyone ripped her dress...like, the stories I read on this made it sound barbaric! Crazyness!
You can already imagine how pissed a bride would be if anyone ripped her dress...like, the stories I read on this made it sound barbaric! Crazyness!
So, later on in the world, ONE bride stood up to this madness, and stopped this tradition and replaced it with a new tradition - The Garter Throw.
As opposed to multiply guests tearing her dress apart at the end of the reception, it became a show for everyone to enjoy.
A show where the groom would seductively remove the brides garter, and throw "that piece of clothing" for one lucky man to catch, who then would receive this good luck charm.
and thats the background story of our thank you card.
And this is the picture on the back of the thank you card:
haha, i love this picture. how can you NOT smile?
I cropped/edited this pic in photoshop. and developed it in 4"x6" pics.
cut them in half and delicately taped this to the back of the card.
Hope everyone saw it! & its removable too :)
We've heard so much feed back about our thank you card. I'm glad you folks enjoyed it.
Few common questions/statements we hear about the card:
"Its so cute."
"I didn't know there was a picture in the back!"
"I can remove the pic too?"
"Oh, I thought it was like a postcard. I didnt know you can open it." (haha, Twen!!)
"Is this really a part of your dress?" (answer: yes it is!)
"Did you really cut your dress?" (answer: yessss :) )
well, thats the story...thanks for checkin us out!
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment