Good morning, or Good afternoon, or Good evening friends and family! Thanks for checking out our blog!
We hope you enjoyed the show, and we hope you visit us again! ...Don't forget to click on that "Follow" button :)

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DIY Diaper Caddy

Home Made Diaper Caddy

Its a basket/caddy that holds all the diaper changing supplies.  Rash cream, lotion, peepee teepee's, wipes, and diapers (duh).  This will totally come in handy in our 1 bedroom apartment since we dont have a designated changing table.  We'll change baby Mikey wherever he is at the moment :)

These bad boys go for $20 and up online and in stores.  Sheesh, I'm not gonna pay $30 bucks for a friggin basket!

My mom always has baskets laying around, not sure where she gets em, but they're all in great shape.  

I'll be using this one.


the base is a lil bigger than 8x11".

I first started off with the red base.  Its a soft fleece material.  I traced the bottom, and cut out the shape.
The plaid edging is actually an old fleece scarf  from a few years ago (I think I got it from the dollar store!)
So, the plaid scarf is folded in the inside to create pockets.  The scarf is long enough to cover the top edges of the basket.

Here's the top view of it.  You can see all the pockets I made.
I glued and sewed the fabric to the basket so its sturdy.  First I glued it down on different sections, then I sewed the sections where I forgot to glue down, hehe.  Ooops.


And here's the final Diaper Caddy! All filled up with the necessary diaper changing supplies :)


It took about 2-3 hours to make.  Time flew by quickly because I was watching True Blood (addicting HBO Series) as I made this :)

I think this would make a great baby shower gift!  I might make one for my next pregnant friend, and fill it with all the necessities :)

No comments:

Post a Comment