We hosted the family Easter lunch at our house again, this was our 2nd year doing it. Last year we just put everything together really quick...this year we had plenty of time to plan ahead.
We cleared out the garage (meaning, moved the camaro outside) and thats where we set up everyones dishes for the potluck. We had soo much yummy food!
In the backyard, we had a few activites for everyone to enjoy, this day was actually my "practice" for Mikey's mickey mouse bday party :)
-Ball pit: We set up our camping tent, and filled it with Mikey's ball pit balls....We have a big tent, 8x8, and we only had about 100 balls...this did NOT cut it! It actually looked pretty lame, so to make it un-lame ~ we filled it with tons of balloons, sports balls, my excersize ball, and some soft toys. The kids had a blast in the tent! It was on the lawn so the floor didnt hurt at all (Esp when Sean Carlo thru the big yoga ball at Ella, she fell, but laughed soooo much cuz it was fun, lol)
-The duck race: Its a Donald & Daisy Duck Race :) I used my long shallow storage containers (the ones that go under ur bed). Filled it with some water, place your duck in the starting line, and use a spray bottle to spray your duck to the finish line! The kids had fun with this too! ...it was hilarious that both Mikey and Ella tried to jump in the tub of water! Well, acutally, Ella did go in the water haha. Mikey just had his feet in there.
-Ring toss: I used another plastic container and placed a buncha glass beer bottles in there. all different kinds of beer bottles too, lol, tall bottle stellas, short IPAs, blue moons, etc...I encouraged the adults at lunch to drink up and put their glass bottles in the ring toss! Then we used plastic bangles from the dollar store to try to hook the bottles :) This game is alot harder that I expected! I might re-think the bangles and make an easier "ring" for it...stay tuned on this one.
-Then we had a spontaneous water fight! We used the spray bottles from the duck race :) and mike used a big bucket to pour on the kids! they also used water balloons (those went faster than we can fill em!)
Inside the house, I had a different type of egg hunt....I used my designer scrapbook paper (free), and cut em up in to a big egg shape, and made a small egg shape. I made a banner of the small eggs and hung these around the hallway. The big ppr eggs were scattered around the house. The kids grabbed a few big eggs, and matched em to the small egg on the banner. This was fun :) but too easy for these smart kids! I think next year, I will put something on the back of the big eggs....i.e. when the kid grabs an egg, he/she reads the back, and it can be something like "hug the person next to you", or maybe I can tape a quarter to the back, or a dollar bill...something cool :)
We still had the plastic egg hunt too :) Maybe next year we'll do egg decorating! :)
Thank you family for all your help and delicious food!
Here's some cool pics from our Easter Sunday:
No comments:
Post a Comment