I looked far and wide for invitations that we liked. This was hard.
I didnt go to an actual "wedding invitation" store because im not gonna spend $3-$5 per invite, and that wouldnt include rsvp cards.
So i order a few free invitation catalogs.
I got my first catalog within a matter of days. This company really meant business.
It was from Anne's Bridal Bargains. Check em out at Annsbridalbargains.com.
I opened the first page and find the invitations we both LOVE! First page! For real!
They were reasonably priced, and in our color scheme - orange!
It was pretty difficult to find nice "orange" wedding invitations, not sure why because we were in the season (fall) !
Well, we found the perfect invite, recieved a sample pretty quickly, and immediately made an order online.
The name of the invite design is Serendipity. Color = Tangerine.
I love this serendipity design, picture a network of hearts, and somewhere somehow the two orange hearts meet and fall in love :)
The font was one of their options. Its called Copperplate. Its not the same copperplate as what we have on Windows.
And the RSVP cards:
Fun fact: the rsvp cards that we got back will be used in our wedding scrapbook :)
*If i could, i wouldve done the rsvp's a lil differently than the norm. I didnt think this format would be so difficult, but when dealing with families of 5+ including their significant others - it was pretty confusing. Easy fix tho, just a quick phone call or text.
If i could re-do my rsvp's: (future brides, take note if u'd like)
I'd send out X amount of rsvp cards to the family, one rsvp per person.
The card would read:
Please respond by Date.
A line where the guest can write his/her name.
Under that will be a checkbox for attending ir not attending.
Under that would be a checkbox with the dinner plate options. If its a couple i'm sending it out to, then i'd send out 2 cards (still 1 return envelope). If its a family of 5 (i.e. 2 parents, 2 teens, 1 adult), i'd send out 5 rsvp cards with the invitation (still 1 return envelope). But like if i know that adult has a significant other, i'll add a 6th rsvp card.
*side note- if ur single, always been single, not in a "serious" relationship, do the bride a favor and just don't bring a date. Most likely, the bride expects that you'll be coming alone. And hey friends, Bringing your cousin as your "plus 1" is like bringing ur cousin to prom. Also, on toppa that - the bride already sat you next to all ur buddies AND near another table with her single girlfriends! Am i outta line with this one?? Lmk...
Oh! And! You ::ahem:: then show up to the wedding with NO cousin!
::whew!:: my bad, had to vent that out eventually..
Ok back to the story-
If i were to do the rsvps differently, i really wouldve.
If i were to do it the way i described above, i'd have the name and correct plate of the guest (and their date) who rsvp'd :) lmk whatcha think!
Oh! Also! I reeeally wish i wouldve put an email addy, or phone number! Cant believe the amount of non-whatsoever-responders we had. Sheesh!
*another side note: its kinda silly to decide on a dish that you'll be enjoying 2 months from now, hehe.
During my invitation shopping i already prepared designing my own, and having them printed on nice cardstock.
This was the design i made:
Its pretty basic. I freakin love houndstooth.
This pattern/look wouldve been on everything throughout the whole wedding. It didnt tho. No big deal.
All in all - i was very satisfied with my invites, and especially Anns Bridal Bargains. The invites and rsvp's were cheap enough that I paid for expedited printing and shipping :) no biggie!
Curious on the sweet deal?
100 Invites+envelopes, 100 rsvps+envelopes, & fast shipping=$149
200 green "love" stamps for invites=$88
(didnt even use all 100!)
65 at the most.
The quality of the invites weren't bad, but they weren't the best. I mean, its JUST an invite. Some folks dont even read it, or it just gets tossed. No big deal. Lol.
Anyhoo....have a great day!



No comments:
Post a Comment