Good morning, or Good afternoon, or Good evening friends and family! Thanks for checking out our blog!
We hope you enjoyed the show, and we hope you visit us again! ...Don't forget to click on that "Follow" button :)

Friday, December 16, 2011

The Unused "Save The Date" Postcard

Normally folks send out a save the date notice, right?
I didn't have time to send mine out.
For the folks that don't really know the time line - here it is:
Aug 12: Proposal.
Aug 20-something(9-10 weeks before the wedding): The "Nov 12" date is agreed upon and set!
I calculated the timing...
Say we were at 9 weeks -
My goal was to send out the invitations 8 weeks in advance.
1 week to design, print, and send the save the date cards wasn't gonna happen.
It couldve happened, but there was no point because only after a few days the guests would receive their invitation. LOL.
Anyhoo - I made things much easier, convenient, cheaper, and got to talk/email some of my family by just a simple phone call, text, facebook email, chat, etc and played catch up, and i also let them know to please "save the date" :)
hehe, and at that time I also asked for their mailing addy! 3 birds, 1 stone! :)

Well, here's my unused save the date card...I like the damask, but I LOVE houndstooth. I think I woulda gone for a houndstooth look :)



haha! I totally forgot I made a funny sample to show my wonderful, efficient, trustworthy, and beautiful wedding planner, Maria. haha...she got a kick outta this!

I designed it myself, and I would've got them printed on postcard paper, used 29 cent stamps, and mailed them right off :)

The font is Pussycat... I think its actually called Pussycat Snickers. something cute like that. Its a fun not-too-girly font. The dots on the i, j, and dashes are stars :) its one of my faves. i use this font for my scrapbook spine titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment